Text and images © 2009-2018. All Rights Reserved. No content may be reproduced without written permission.

“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”


Thursday, December 18, 2008

How I came to love tea!

Alice Reading beside a Cup of Tea
Roger de la Fresnaye - 1907
I am writing this Blog about tea because tea is such an integral part of my life. It's the way I wake up in the morning. It's the way I nurture my soul as I transition from the dreamworld to the waking world.

It's the way I nurture myself as I move through the day, revitalizing my energy as I create little mini retreats with my warm cup of tea in my hands, gazing out my window, disappearing into the quiet for a few minutes, or sitting on my patio listening to the birds.

During the heat of the summer, I like my Iced Tea during the day. I understand that iced drinks are not good for the digestive system, but this old habit is hard for me to break! Especially when it is so delicious!

A cup of tea in the evening helps to quiet my mind and relax my body so I can rest. A nice Peppermint or Chamomile Tea is perfect.

I can't remember when I started drinking tea. I do remember drinking tea with my grandmother when I was a very young child. I still love to have a cup of tea with friends and family.


"Paint me an eternal tea-pot,
for I usually drink tea from eight o'clock at night
to four o'clock in the morning."
~~Thomas de Quincey


Image PUBLIC DOMAIN: This person died over 70 years ago (in 1925)
updated 6/10/17

2 comments:

Paul said...

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”

C.S. Lewis

Pat said...

Thanks for sharing this quote, Paul!